Please Welcome GEO Radius Search 2.5.5
We can confidently say that “GEO Radius Search is the most comprehensive GEO mapping and navigation solution for Joomla CMS.” Come experience the unmatched power of the ZOO cck framework, linking to the rich features of Google maps and our unique Radius Search and results display engine. You can now deliver flexible and expandable GEO enabled web applications with the Joomla CMS that is only limited by your imagination.
This release has been a major achievement for us with a complete redesign of the code, bug fixes, performance enhancements and more.
GREAT NEWS! GEO Radius Search is featured on the new Joomla Resource Directory found at: http://resources.joomla.org.
The GEO Radius Search Extension was chosen as a key navigation tool for the new Joomla Resource Directory because it offered the ideal navigation process for what was lacking in the former system. Users can now quickly connect to categorized providers both on the map view or in organized search results.
How can we help you achieve greater success?
We are committed to helping you be successful with your Joomla implementation and use of our GEO Radius Search extensions. With most of the compatibility issues behind us we can develop version 3 without distraction and you should also find us more responsive to tickets in our support system.
Remember, extension specific support with your active subscription is free but if you have more complex or incompatibility issues or general problems with your Joomla site, need to upgrade or require custom solutions our team is also available to provide hourly project and technical support.
Thanks to our worldwide user base we have collected diverse use cases to make this release of 2.5.5 the most stable and feature rich release yet. In addition to several new user driven features and a lot of tweaks and bug fixes, we have upgraded our migration script for legacy users to help them upgrade and migrate to the latest versions of Joomla.
Everyone should plan to upgrade to the Joomla CMS v3 series.
GEO Radius Search works best with the latest versions of Joomla, ZOO and the ZL Framework. When you are upgrading to the latest Joomla 3.x it is important that you also upgrade your installation of ZOO and if you are using the ZL Framework and ZOOlanders extensions you also need to make sure all of these are updated to the latest versions. One of our new features is a version verification to help make this process easy for you.
Note for upgrading ZOO: We have found that to avoid problems with repopulating field elements in ZOO do not update sample data. Some folks have lost configuration settings and this adds more work that can be avoided.
New Features in GEO Radius Search 2.5.5:
- Core code was optimized significantly for performance, scalability and future enhancements
- Installation files reduce in size for faster download and installs
- Updated auto fill libraries for improved accuracy
- Added measurement type front end selector (Miles or Kilometers) for international applications
- Version checker for ZOO to verify and test for version compatibility
- Enable disable that front end measurement selector on individual models
- New css for results grid and items display
- Improved mobile support – better display on more mobile devices
- Improved support for ZL Framework (Zoolanders)
- Improved migration script for ZooRadius to GEO Radius
- Improved Cache management
- Added Google Maps api4 support
- Increased default number of lines in scrolling lists (will be parameter setting in the future)
- New Pop-ups for Print and email options
- Updated Cluster Libraries for info box lables
- Fixed amount of columns and items per page selectors
- Fixed bug related to bad formatting inside results popup when using Zoolanders
- Fixed an error message that sometimes showed on that results popup
- Fixed map display tab options
- Fixed issue with duplicate address listings not displaying markers – created marker offset
- Fixed map subscribe from filter issue for module linking
- Fixed Auto fill feature
- Fixed Map Display Image feature for overlays
- Resolved drag and drop conflict in results templates (Requires latest version of ZL Framework)
- Fixed maker not auto closing in map when repositioning
- Removed next / prev buttons from results page when there are no results
Feature Roadmap for future Releases:
- Improved user interface options and style manager –
- parameters for resizing map
- Radius indicators
- Distance indicators
- Icon Libraries – some internal and links to collections
- Improved documentation and help text in the UI.
- Admin options for advanced category level management
- Parameters for selecting the number of allowed sub categories
- Options for how sub categories are handled beyond set max level
- Support for JomSocial events and profiles
Remember if you have an idea for a new feature we welcome your suggestions and will do our best to accommodate these as supported features in a future release or we can build custom solutions for you.