We are happy to announce the release of our new GEO Radius Search 2.5.1
With so many pending deadlines and urgency from clients we ended up pushing out our GEO Radius Search 2.5.0 release in a bit of haste and were not able to fully test this as we would have liked. This meant there were a couple unexpected bugs that unfortunately were found by you our customers (Something we prefer not to happen).
Then on top of this Joomla 3.2 came out and it added additional complexity to just adding a quick fix to bugs or issues we found. We are truly sorry this happened and appreciate your patience. However this is really coming together as a powerful engine for Radius Search.
One of the big challenges we discovered with our name change (lables and variables) and rebranding was that the code changes in the new version or GEO Radius Search did not give our customers a clean migration path from ZOOradius to GEO Radius Search. This forced us to release an interim zooradius package with some of the new feature requests we pushed out in the new GEO Radius Search. We will not be supporting the zooradius version moving forward but we will be making this migration script one of our top priorities in the coming weeks to allow for smooth transitions on site upgrades and migrations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Version 2.5.1 supports Joomla 2.5 through the latest Joomla 3.2, we fixed all known bugs and added features to support a recent client request. See the list below for highlights.
We want to thank you for your patience and now with this behind us we can focus support for using radius search with JomSocial and perhaps other community related or event driven tools.
GEO Radius Search 2.5.1 Release
New Features in 2.5.1:
- New drag and drop ordering feature for Zoo categories, with subcategory indenting support
- Supports Joomla! 3.2
- Improved Usability for faster map creation Supports Joomla Auto Update feature
- Improved units of measure support for yards and meters
- Map cache clears with system cache clean
- Fixed missing file when installing from Chrome issue
- Fixed bug in show category filter
- Fixed Strict Standard warnings on PHP 5.4 +
- Fixed Deprecated warnings on PHP 5.4 +
- Fixed Text Marker Positioning
- Fixed Server error on loading Zoo category and items
- Fixed incorrect paths for CSS files
What's Next? GEO Radius Search 3.x Roadmap:
- Integration with JomSocial Events and User Locations
- Upgrade Migration path for zooradius installs
- Consideration of Integration with Easy Social platform
- Consideration of integration with Zoolanders events
We are always open to your ideas and suggestions for features and direction on what will server your needs most. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your thoughts or feature requests.
Please post all support or feature requests on our support portal: http://www.getjoomlasupport.com
The GEO Team at CNP Integrations